Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Tortellini Bolognese

I found this recipe on the back of a bag of frozen tortellini:

1 pkg frozen Rosetto tortellini (any filling--I used cheese)

1 Tbsp. Olive oil

1/2 lb ground beef

1/2 medium onion, diced

1 clove garlic (minced)

1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes

1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce

1/4 cup chicken broth or red wine (I used the chicken broth)

1/4 tsp. Basil

1/4 tsp. Oregano or thyme (I actually did 1/8 tsp of each)

Prepare pasta as directed on package.
Meanwhile--for sauce, place oil in pan, heat. Add beef and brown. Stir in onion and garlic, and cook until soft. Mix in remaining ingredients. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Salt and pepper to taste. (It didn't need either, in my opinion)

Serve over prepared pasta.

I added a sprinkle of italian seasonings to the top and served with crusty sourdough rolls (also from the freezer section)

Yummy!

No comments: