Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Gram's Banana Bread



3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. shortening (Crisco)
3 over-ripe bananas
2 eggs
3 tsp. cold water
2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder


In mixing bowl, cream together sugar & shortening; add bananas, eggs and water, and mix until all ingredients are well blended.

Combine remaining dry ingredients and add gradually to the banana mixture.

Pour batter into bread pan and bake @ 350 degrees for 45 min.- 1 hr. (bread should be browned on top and "spongy" to the touch.)


I swear that the mister always buys more bananas that we can possibly eat, just so that I will bake another loaf of this bread; its very easy, and a tasty treat for breakfast or any time! (Sorry about the picture quality; the best I can offer currently are via my phone cam)

1 comment:

Becky said...

Oh, that sounds good! I may have to try this one, my recipe ends up dry.